- Plan the location of lighting fixtures.
- Use the appropriate wattage for the lighting purpose.
- Use natural lighting when feasible.
- Replace incandescent bulb with a Compact Flourescent Lamp (CFL).
- Put off lights that are not needed.
- Clean the tubes of the lamp regularly.
- Plan before you cook.
- Thaw frozen food before cooking.
- Match the pan/cookware size with the heating plate.
- Set to medium or low heat when the water/liquid is already boiling.
- Do not reheat food using the electric stove.
On washing and ironing
- Soak clothes in detergent before loading them up in the washing machine.
- Use the right size of washing machine for your need.
- Do not overload the unit.
- Do not over-wash the clothes.
- Do all the ironing at one time.
- Use iron with thermostat, and select the appropriate heat level.
- Iron heavy clothes first and dampen clothes moderately.
- Avoid watching TV or doing other things while ironing.
On cooling and ventilation
- Buy an aircon unit with Yellow Energy Label. The higher the Energy Efficiency Ration (EER) the better.
- Use the right size of fan/aircon for your need.
- Use an aircon wither timer/ecozone.
- Place the unit in a ventilated area and regularly clean the condenser and evaporator.
- Determine your comfortable level. When using an aircon, set the temperature at 25Â°C.
- Avoid using fan oscillator.
- Turn off the fan/aircon if not needed.
On using gadgets and other appliances
- Use electric airpot sparingly.
- Turn off battery/cellphone charger when chargin is complete.
- Limit/shorten the use of TV or computer.
- Avoid putting VCR, TV, Stereo or Computer on stand-by mode.
- ENERGY CONSUMPTION is dependent on the following:
- the wattage rating or size of the appliances or equipment.
- length of time of usage.
- USERS have different needs and behavior in the use of appliance or equipement.
- Due to economic and technical considerations, some applliances or equipment are inherently inefficient.